This software is free/libre software, contributions are most welcome!
- You need to follow the 😇 Rules.
- This is a list of ideas to help. Feel free to extend it.
Spread the word
Just talking about the program, writing articles about, is a great way to contribute!
Even if you are not a programmer, you can help.
Report bug & share idea
Use the software, bring it to its limit and report bugs!
Features suggestions are also welcome, both by email (on the mailing list or to email@example.com) and issues on Git hosting.
Efficient bug report
Here is some tips to write bug report efficiently. Bug report are the primary way to improve the software.
- Keep in mind that we are volunteers. Take care of writing clear, polite bug report to get quick answer.
- Include information about version, platform, usage of opam or 0install…
Try, if possible for you, to test against a fresh version (from the git repository) if the bug persists. If you can't, we'll do it for you.
- Say precisely what is the problem, what is happening, what you expect… Write down the step to follow to find the bug. This way, we can find your bug, pick up the guilty code and fix it easier.
- You can join file on Gitlab. Take advantage of it to join screenshot for example.
Even if these rules are important, an imprecise bug report or a bug reported on a bad location is better than nothing. Write your problem, we'll try to guide you if necessary.
Improve the website
You can find typos or add tutorials. Signaling unclear parts is needed too.
There is no predefined way, send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See help to build in the sources part of the quick-start page.
This software is written in OCaml and code is in in several Git hosting. See the list of issue for new comers on the main bug tracker, on Gitlab. Feel free to send pull request on these services or patches with
git format-patch to email@example.com.
Don't know OCaml?
Feel free to package OcLaunch for your favorite distribution. You may be interested by the oasis2deb tools. This page may be interesting too. Binaries on special architectures such as ARM are also welcome. The
0install.sh script may be used to produce binaries.
It's possible to host your packages in the download area, if you don't want to find hosting yourself.
Write plug-ins! (Will be documented some day).
You are free to interface your own program with it and I would be glade to make easier for you.